Friday, March 25, 2011

Cruisin' and Crochetin' 2011

We took a bit of a break and went on a Spring Break Cruise this year to Mexico. Between the day trip to our departure and the five days on the ship, I had lots of time to work on crochet projects.

This granny square cuff was made on the way to New Orleans, our departure city. We had to make a quick stop for me to buy more yarn before we set sail.


Had to have biegnets from Cafe Du Monde on Decauter. Lovely sunny day to wait in line and watch the busy traffic. The cafe au lait was strong and delicious with the hot, crispy beignets covered in powdered sugar. My son said they were definitely worth the wait.



One of our stops was Cozumel, Mexico where we went to an adventure park for ziplining, repelling and snorkeling. I'd never done anything like it and tried not to freak out at the top of the first tower. But it was exhilarating! We will try some local zipline places this summer!



Of course, I couldn't just sit in the sun doing nothing, so I worked on a mini granny square necklace. Very happy with the results.



Relaxing trip, lovely weather, wonderful food. As we drove North towards home yesterday, the temperature fell ten degrees every couple of hours. Woke up at home this morning to blooming Bradford pear trees and new snowfall. So lucky to have had our tropical break!

6 comments:

  1. Love the granny square cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CrochetBlogger! It was fun to do something quick in the midst of my other more time consuming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the granny square cuff is cool!!
    Did you design that yourself?
    I can just picture a coverlet I've seen in black and bright colors and would love to have a cuff like that? I think there'd be a market.
    Contact me if you decide to go into production.
    Annie
    www.ASpinnerWeaver.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I designed the cuff, Annie. I can make one with black and bright colors. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! It looks like you had a great time, and I love that crocheted jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol love your 'keep calm, carry yarn' I love crochetting in the car.

    Thanks for liking up to Make & Share Today!

    Got more crats? Come back every friday and saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...