Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chunky Crochet Cowls


Inspired by the knitted version by Allyson of Sweatshop of Love, these chunky cowls were crocheted using Debbie Bliss Como super chunky wool and cashmere yarn. This yarn was so easy to handle and has a light but sturdy feel. I had to order more of it. The colors are more vivid than their website photos.


The ivory cowl uses two strands and was crocheted with an "S" 19mm hook made by Turn of the Century Designs. The striped cowl was crocheted single strand with a 10mm hook.


These were very quick and fun projects. You'll see more chunky projects in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that huge crochet hook. I've got one and love it. Your cowls are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love upward angle of the top photograph! She looks adorable wearing that cute cowl! I love chunky kit items- there's such a lovely texture to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cowls look so cosy. The large crochet hook looks wonderful - I love the feel of wood when knitting, so must get some wooden crochet hooks to give this a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. I purchased the over-sized hook at Turn of the Century Designs in Ohio. It is made of apple wood but you can also get just about kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your thoughts this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...